Friday, July 10, 2009

Some More Colour

This is the new Stitchery of the Month by the lovely Janelle Wind.
I have already started it and I must admit that it is looking very cute. The finished stitcheries are made into a Tea Cosy (which I am in need of) and two pretty coasters which I think I will be a little reluctant to use as I don't think I want any tea staining happening there.
Here is my finished stitchery from last month (I finished it just in time).
I'm really happy with how it turned out and am thinking of using it as a centre piece for a quilt.

I also had a visit to Spotlight last week and purchased these lovelies.....

I just love the spotty fabrics and I found some really nice calico that almost looks a bit like linen. The floral fabric I actually bought a couple of months ago and the spot fabric matches perfectly. I have a project brewing in my mind for these so will wait and see what turns out.

My crochet hexagon blanket is nearing the end and I am hoping to get it finished in the next week or so and will post a final picture soon.


80)

2 comments:

Blossom said...

your stitchery is just gorgeous............can't wait to see what you do with it!!!

smileykylie said...

thanks for visiting and entering the giveaway, you have a lovely blog k