Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A New Toy

After much research and price checking I finally took the plunge and bought this.......



A Cuttlebug Die cutting and Embossing Machine.

My boys thought it a frivolous purchase but after receiving it and having a try Son No.2 thinks it is pretty cool and has since given it quite a workout (he really enjoys making cards). I have found it to be a great product and it is so easy to use. I have bought a few of the Spellbinders Nestabilites and some embossing folders to use with it.


The machine, embossing folders and Spellbinders Large Scallop Squares were purchased from Scrapboutique as they had a fabulous sale on a few weeks ago, with the Spellbinders Large Scallop Ovals and Spellbinders Large Scallop Circles purchased from ebay. I am thinking of purchasing a set of Baby Face Alphabets from ebay as well as there are some great extra die cuts in this set.

An update from the last post - I have decided to take up the opportunity to teach at the Autumn Caft Camp. I am going to teach a few small projects and am feeling quite excited about the whole thing. I am now in the process of making up the samples. Although I have actually made all these items before, I don't actually have any as a set that matches so that is what I am planning to do.

And finally a picture of my new hooking project....

A lovely large ripple blanket that is such a pleasure to work on. I am just loving picking this up in the evenings while watching TV. I am using the left over soft wool from my hexagon blanket and just buying new colours as I run out. There is no time frame on this project which makes it quite relaxing to work on. I will just keep adding rows until I feel it is big enough.

I also just realized that I forgot to post a picture of the completed crochet basket that I was working on.


I must admit that it took a while to finish as I wasn't sure what to do about the handles. Originally I was going to crochet them, then I though of making them with fabric and attaching them with clasps. But I then found some really cute 1" wide pink grosgrain ribbon that matched perfectly so used that with the clasps. I also found that it was a bit floppy so I inserted a clear plastic gift box which was the perfect size. It is now my new work basket that is great for just chucking thing into.

Well that's about it for now, so until next time
80)

3 comments:

Big Mamma~ a.k.a. Mary S said...

I have had the cuttlebug from the day it came out. Probably going on two years. I love it! I am a long time card maker and have tried many cutting machines and always come back to this. There is not one die cut I have found that does not work so have at it. You will have a great time. cuttlebug has a website/blog and lots of instructional on what you can do with it.

Anonymous said...

Love the bag....and the blanket! I really need to get into crocheting! So you have inspired me once again! Have fun with your new toy!
Love Jill xo

Unknown said...

Great handles on your basket.