Monday, October 20, 2014

The Artful Stampers Blog Hop Challenge #3 - Colour Combo Challenge

If you are visiting from Annette's Blog, welcome.
This week was another colour combo challenge and to be honest with you I found it quite difficult. We had these colours to work with:
Five colours was hard.

First I did this card:
But I didn't think that it showed the colour combo properly and the Very Vanilla seemed too dominant.

Then I did this card:
I was a a bit happier with it and I think it may have been easier if I had some DSP with the colours in it.
Project Recipe (for card #2)
Stamps
- Flower Shop - 130942
- Petite Petals - 133155
- Wondrous Wreath - 135047
- Itty Bitty Banners - 126257
Cardstock & Ink
- Blackberry Bliss
- Wild Wasabi
- Crumb Cake
- Garden Green
- Very Vanilla
- Rich Razzleberry
Stampin' Up! Accessories
- Framelits - Labels Collection - 125598
- Framelits - Bitty Banners - 129267
- Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies - 135851
- Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch - 119275
- Pansy Punch - 130698
- Petite Petals Punch - 133322
- Woodgrain Embossing Folder - 127821
- Pearl Basic Jewels - 119247

I embossed the bow and the Scalloped Ribbon, as I was trying to give the effect of real ribbon. In hind sight I think I should have embossed the Wild Wasabi background to give a bit of character.

I am hoping that next weeks challenge is a bit easier. I must admit though, that I did enjoy the challenge.

The next stop is Anna Foster.

This weeks participants are:
Jane Riches ---- YOU ARE HERE

Until next time :o)

6 comments:

AB. said...

Both cards are lovely Jane! The effect you got with the faux-ribbon was cool. :)

Anonymous said...

Jane, they are beautiful. I love the sponging on the embossing and the faux stitching on the first one, and the faux ribbon on the second is a great idea.

Nicole said...

Good work these challenges are meant to "challenge" us and they do! Well done on both cards :-)

Alisa said...

They are both great! the second is my fav :)

Anna said...

Lovely pair of cards Jane!

Tamsininamania said...

gorgeous cards. :)