Saturday, October 18, 2008

Merry Christmas Table Runner - Lynette Anderson Designs

Lynette Anderson wants us to show some of her projects that we have made from a while ago. I made her "Merry Christmas Table Runner" in 2003. 

I think I should have ironed it before taking this photo but I am a bit impatient sometimes.

This pattern was in the Christmas in July 2003 issue of Homespun Magazine. I wanted mine to look exactly the same as Lynette's but I couldn't find the bauble buttons that she had on hers, so I made my own using Sculpy clay. I think that this would be one of my favourite patterns that I have made and I think the end result was pretty good. I did leave off the Merry Christmas on the ends as I wanted to be able to use it all year round.
8o)

1 comment:

Lynette Anderson said...

The table runner looks fantastic and I love that you made your own buttons, thats so cool. The pattern for this and the Welcome one are avialble from your local favourite quilt shop or if all else fails The Patchwork Angel (www.patchworkangel.com.au) has all my books and patterns in stock.
Lynette x