Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Treasure Tuesday

I know that I haven't posted a Treasure Tuesday for a while but I couldn't come up with anything. Not that I don't have many things that I do treasure but I like to post the thing that just springs to mind when I think of it. 
Well today I am posting about my 'Fabric Stash'.
My stash is contained in a wardrobe drawer. It is not a very big stash in comparison to some but it is well loved. There are some pieces in here that I haven't found the perfect project for or that I can't bear the thought of cutting. Upon reading some other blogs out there I know that I am not the only one who feels this way. Sometimes I love to pull the drawer out and just sort through them all, just touching them and smelling them is quite therapeutic. I do have another drawer that has some of my plain coloured fabric and a plastic crate that contains my plain calico, wadding and Vlisoline however, I don't classify them in my stash. I must admit that a majority of my stash is made up of fabrics purchased from Spotlights remnant basket. They used to have a basket with plastic bags for $5 filled with fabric remnants and I used to love buying these and bringing them to a home where they would be loved and appreciated. I remember one time I brought the bag home to find that one of the remnants was nearly 2m in length and felt that I had really got a great bargain.
8o)

1 comment:

Jackie's Stitches said...

What lovely stash! I'm a new quilter so I haven't begun building mine. I love seeing how people organize their stash!