Monday, December 1, 2014

The Artful Stampers Blog Hop Challenge #9

Hello again from Annette's blog. Welcome to RichesStitches Designs.

Well, we have another colour challenge this week.
Here's mine.

CASE'd from Patsy Wagoner

I decided to go subtle and a little femanine this week. I also cheated a little and added a bit of Strawberry slush to the mix because it is so close to Melon Mambo in colour.

PROJECT RECIPE
Stamps
- Polka- Dot Pieces - 129708
- Trust God - 126702

Cardstock & Ink
- Whisper White
- Melon Mambo
- Basic Black
- Fancy Foil Designer Vellum Gold - 133363

Stampin' Up Accessories
- Bird Builder Punch - 117191
- Scalloped Tag Topper Punch - 133324
- Tea Lace Paper Doilies - 129399
- Thick Bakers Twine Strawberry Slush - 135637
- Stretch Ruffle Trim Strawberry Slush (Retired)

I really was wanting to use my Trust God stamp set as I really love the verses that it has in it. The one I used is from Proverbs 3:5-6 and is one of my favourite bible verses.

I am sorry to tease you with the ruffle ribbon, but I absolutely love the stuff and still have a bit of it in my stash.

My trick for sticking the Vellum without seeing the adhesive through the paper, was just to dab a spot of glue at the back of each gold heart, it works a treat. I also double stamped the leaves to soften the black ink and give it the subtle effect that I was going for.

Now you can hop over to Anna's blog and see what she has come up with this week.

Our other contributors are:
Jane Riches ---YOU ARE HERE
Until next time :o)

6 comments:

Tamsininamania said...

Lovely card. I like the bird and the doily. :)

AB. said...

Just gorgeous! I love the touch of vellum as a background. I need to remember to do this more. :)

Nicole said...

a very very pretty card

Riches Stitches said...

I just noticed how well I matched the top of my scallop tag with the doily. That was pure fluke.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful feminine card.

Anna said...

Beautiful card :)