Monday, July 21, 2008

Last Day of Holidays 8{

Yes today is the last day of school holidays for my boys. As of tomorrow we will be back into the swing of things with having to be up early, getting lunches made and packed, having school diaries signed and all that goes along with being back at school. It is also back to work for me. I could really get used to being a full time stay at home mum again but the need to send my boys to a really good christian private school outweighs that at the moment, and I must admit that I do really enjoy my job and the people that I work with really are very nice to be around.
This week also looks at the start of Friday Craft again and I am doing a stint of teaching this term. I am going to be teaching a table quilt designed by Debbie Mumm called "Honey Bee Table Quilt" and this is my version of it.
I took this photo outside and I think it was a bit windy so it may be a bit hard to see properly. The 4 ladies that I am teaching seem to be excited about the idea of learning to do patchwork and quilting and I hope that I am up for the challenge. I thought that it would be a good quilt to start with as it is just two basic patchwork blocks and they are quite large (12" finished) so shouldn't take too long. We have 10 weeks to get it all finished so will have to post some photos of their finished products.
Well I did get my crochet cardigan finished and no it doesn't fit me so am very disappointed with that. I am now trying to see if I can somehow add to it to make it bigger. It is mainly the arm length that is the problem (this is always my problem with any tops) so will see what I can come up with. As for the WIP quilt, well am still plodding along with that. I did manage to achieve a lot with my scrapbooking however and will post photos of that when it is possible to do so.
Well hope to be in touch again soon,
Regards 8}

No comments: