Friday, January 16, 2009

New Treasures

I am back from our little break and had a great get away (even though the temperature was unbelievably hot 42 deg C) but that is summer in this part of the country and I don't mind it that much especially if one can live in air conditioning.

Well yesterday I went on a little shopping expedition (all on my own) so took advantage of it and headed into Spotlight. Well, I got some bargains. They had quite a lot of  their quilting fabrics marked down to $8 and $5 per meter so I chose 1/2 meter of each of these...

When the sales lady scanned them in they were even cheaper again, I wished I had got more but then I thought about it and realised that it was enough for now.

I think my favorite one is this ...

I am going to make a bag with it for my niece for her Mrs. Potato Head.

Then there is this selvage ...


which is almost the cutest thing I have seen. I am going to have to find a use for it.

More projects running through my head and now I want to get stuck into something. I am just not sure what yet.

I can't wait for my new camera to arrive as I am sick of having shocking looking photos on here. Hopefully it will be here next week.

Edited to add:
Look what arrived today...
Yes it is the next Pin Cushion of the Month. This time by Leanne Beasley. This kit is amazing value for money as you get patterns and materials for 5 pincushions. They are all really cute. Am looking forward to making these.

I have decided that I really need to do a craft room clean up. My area is so untidy that it keeps putting me off of starting anything. I think that I need to go through my craft cupboard also and sort some stuff out. It is getting a little bit stuffy in there. I am thinking that some more storage boxes are in order to help with the organizing so may need to make a trip to Ikea.
8o)

1 comment:

Blossom said...

Welcome back!!!!!yup.summer is sure here........roll on winter!!LOL

I love the fabric you got from Spotlight..mmmmmm so many ideas!!!