Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A New Year

Happy New Year!!!! I know it is already into the first week of 2009 but I have been enjoying a relaxing time just reading and chilling out, catching up with family and just generally have a really nice break. 
My sweetheart went back to work today (just for the rest of the week) then he will have another week off before starting a new job. It looks to be a very exciting and interesting year for us. I am in the process of thinking up some ideas for craft project to be taught at Friday Craft this year and have come up with a few, we will be having a meeting in a couple of weeks to get organised so am looking forward to that.                     
I am thinking of doing some craft this week, however, I am really enjoying my reading at the moment so am not sure if any will get done or not. I know I have got some catching up to do with my pincushions but I am sure that they will get done eventually and there is no need to rush. There is also a craft camp coming in May that I will need some projects for and I think that they would be ideal I will see how I go.
We celebrated my nephews 1st birthday while my brother was home from Army training and also my other brother and sister-in-law (and their two children) were here for Christmas. My Mum and Dad made him a Humpty Dumpty cake with a little bit of help from my sister-in-law and niece. I think it turned out really cute. 
You should have seen how careful they were with Humpty's head, it was very fragile as the inside had been blown out. Well my nephew seemed to enjoy his cake, especially the eating part has he ended up with it all over his face and head, it was very cute.
8o)

1 comment:

Blossom said...

I love the cake..its gorgeous!!!!!