Friday, January 30, 2009

Is It Hot In Here?!

Just thought I would do a quick post to let you know that we are still alive and trying to survive this awful heat wave that seems to have not end. We have had over 43 degree (Celsius) for the post 4 days and the coolest it is supposed to get next week is 38. Thank goodness for good refrigerated air conditioning. We only got our current air conditioner installed just over a year ago and I don't think that we would be surviving without it. We are all currently camping out in the living room as the bedrooms are unbearable, especially our master bedroom which is upstairs and honestly feels like an oven. Your feet actually get really hot when you stand on the carpet, not to mention when using the ensuite. Hopefully there will be a break in the weather before too long and we can then get some decent sleep. 

We had our first week back at Craft today and I was very pleasantly surprised when so many ladies turned up. I thought that no one would really want to come out in this weather. And what surprised me even more was the number of ladies who wanted cappuccinos and hot chocolates. It ended up being a lovely morning, very relaxed as it was registration day so no official craft classes. Just a chance to catch up since Christmas and we will officially start classes next week. I will try and take some photos and show you what is being offered this term.

Well hope you are keeping cool (or warm if you are reading from the other side of the globe) and have a great weekend.
8o)

2 comments:

Blossom said...

this heat has got to go.its just dreadful.I would kill for an air cond!!!!
Glad your class went well....wish I could come..........

hugs

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hi Jane - thanks for your lovely email! I have no problem whatsoever in you using my tutorial in your craft classes. I only ask that it is for their personal use only. Have a great week, Lisa